Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My driver side door latch on my 13 Fusion will not close, I…

Customer Question
My driver side door...

My driver side door latch on my 13 Fusion will not close

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked to see if the latch was stuck closed, but it's clear. I would take it in, but everywhere around is closed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I;m aware of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

The latch broke and there is a recall from Ford to replace the latches. Here is copy of recall. It will be repaired for free. There is nothing you can do to make it work temporary.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!ArGz65GfcqjYojNpY_MFP-kUSyuU

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"