Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Please help I have a 2014 Ford escape and i guess the

Customer Question

hi please help I have a 2014 Ford escape and i guess the battery dead and i can can not open the doors
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: even with the key manually???? very weird
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i hve tried open the door with the key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i can not test the batter i can not open the door to open the hood
i usued the key to open the door and does not open so i can not get the doors open?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

It is likely a completely dead battery to blame and the lock actuators will not work. From under the vehicle you can power the battery to get the doors and hood open. Use a charger or jumper cables. COnnect black to the frame like a clean bolt on the subframe. Then the red to the large wire on the alternator. If you can not reach it then use a long screwdriver clamped in the jumper cable and touch the bolted on large wire at the alternator. Have an assistance then plug in the charger and or connect the jumper cables to another battery. Then press the unlock on your key fob. This should get you access to address the battery concern.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Sorry I back spaced out a line. Depending on which engine you have ( for access purpose not the way it is wired), you can do the same things at the starter motor