Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Have 1997 ford explorer 4 door 5 liter took door panels off

Customer Question

Have 1997 ford explorer 4 door 5 liter took door panels off power windows quit working
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes checked fuse 26 and big fuse under hood
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Can you check fuses 8 and 10 in the fuse box under the hood. Then also, do you have a test light to check for power at various places?

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric