Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Planning on putting a console shift on my 2016 f 150. Is

Customer Question

Planning on putting a console shift on my 2016 f 150 . Is there a separate harness that plugs into the column shifter harness that runs to the console harness . I am thinking the complete under dash harness is different
JA: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?
Customer: I do not know . It is a base xl with sync
JA: What is the model of your '16 Ford?
Customer: f 150 xl with sync, locking rear end 2.7 ecobost
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything I just want to know what I might be in for. I may just replace the shifter with bezel from ford that turns that hole into pocket and keep shifter where it is at. dealers can not find any anymore without vin. I may have to build a harness. for the shifter controls ,but I do not want to go to that extreme.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no , that is fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** wiring harness is completely different, you would need a harness from a truck with a console, the column you have now would need to be deleted to a column that is for floor shift, the best way is to find a wrecked unit and remove the parts from this donor vehicle, if not it will get real expensive, I would guess the column alone would be 4-5 hundred let alone the console shifter and shifter cable and wiring.