Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

1997 ford ranger cant get door open chime to stop. Havent…

Customer Question
1997 ford ranger cant...

1997 ford ranger cant get door open chime to stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes havent tried anything have no idea where to start is old farm truck just want to kill it for good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Actuall no starts good never thought alarm would have a connection at battery thought maybe a fuse etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
7/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

You can try this procedure below or to disable completely you will need to disconnect both door ajar switches on the door latches.

I have had some success lubricating the latch/switch with WD40. This is accomplished by using the spray wand on the WD40. Insert the wand deep into the door latch (the switch is mounted to the latch inside the door) between the claws and soak the latch thoroughly. Now open and close the door 10 -15 times to work the lube into the latch and switch. Repeat for all of the doors. If it does not work let sit 3-4 hours and repeat. The switch plunger gets stuck in the bore sometimes soaking frees it up.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Kenny Z.
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech