Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No voltage from maf sensor 2012c f750 6.8, no stall. runs…

Customer Question
No voltage from...

No voltage from maf sensor 2012c f750 6.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?

No stall . runs great until trans shifts into overdrive ,than no accel pedal ,,.if you pump pedal it picks back up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2012 f750 6.8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced throttle body /tps maf sensor , scanner shows no voltage from maf sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Truck has two faults 1 p0443 2 p0660

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have a multi meter or test light at all to test electrical with?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have both

At the mass air flow sensor locate the violet/brown wire and with the key on see if you have at or near 12 volts DC and let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
check with plug un plugged ? unpluged 1 volt

Unplugged should be around 12 volts are you only seeing 1 volt?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
correct

O.k.,you need 12 volts here.Let me check my diagrams to see where this voltage feed is suppose to come from and I will post back here shortly.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks ,that s what i need

Fuse 34 ( 20 amp fuse ) in your battery junction box fuse panel.Make sure this fuse is good.If it is blown then it needs replaced.This fuse not only feeds the mass air flow sensor power but other components as well.If the fuse is good test to see if it has power on one terminal that it seats into.If it does then the issue is a broken wire leading from this fuse to the engine components.The wiring would then need traced from the fuse to where it leads to each wire ( same color wire as the mass air flow sensor ) to locate the break and then repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
fuse box does not have fuse 34 stops at 24 thats the box outside above driver side frt wheel, dont see any other fuse box

This is the fuse panel it should be located in

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghtp2anoi3g1q5h/b-07-29.gif?dl=0

Now if it does not go to 34 then your model has a slightly different wired power feed.But the wiring is correct.What would have to be done is to check all fuses for any blown fuses.This should be a 20 amp fuse regardless.Check all 20 amp fuses for any blown fuses to see if any are blown needing replaced.

You may have to locate the violet/brown wire and trace it to the fuse it feeds from.Some of these larger model trucks had different fuse layouts.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
checked fuses found one blown , replaced , have power on white wire ,no power on other three wires
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you give me a picture of the ecm plug call outs, to sensors, so i can check wires to ecm, thanks, ***** ***** resume work on vehicle on monday