Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have 2002 ford explorer check engine light came on took it

Customer Question

I have 2002 ford explorer check engine light came on took it to firestone I had a diagnostic test on it and it came back that I needed my intake manifold and manifold done because my car was saying reduce engine light / check temp I got it fixed close t 1,000 then when I picked it up it was still saying reduce engine light and my gauge was goung up temp also they said they don't know why this was on may 28th now It's end of july it got worse my check engine came on and reduce engine power and check egine temp came on and my car is staling luckly I was close to work was able to park and get it towed please I need help!! What could it be Im so done with this truck it just keeps sucking money out of me
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Can I start by getting the code or codes stored in the computer?

Thank you!