Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My lights would not turn off, so the battery was dead in the

Customer Question

My lights would not turn off, so the battery was dead in the morning. Tried charging for 5 hours and jump starting. No power, nothing. Its a 2016 F-150 4x4 Sport.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: nothing, when I put the key in, it does nothing.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: putting it on battery charger and tried jump starting it, nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

when you charged it was it disconnected?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

disconnect the battery and charge it again overnight and see if you get it to hold a charge, if it hold reconnect and then we can figure out why the lights dont turn off