Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Ford expedition AC clutch would not engage. Nothing…

Customer Question
2007 Ford expedition AC...

2007 Ford expedition AC clutch would not engage

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

The most common cause of an AC compressor not engaging is a low refrigerant charge. You need a shop to evac and recharge the system adding some uv dye. The machine will also put a vacuum on the system and if there is a major leak it will be detected. You should also check the ac compressor fuse and relay. Check for voltage at the ac compressor with the ac switch turned on. If you have voltage you need to replace the compressor clutch.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can.

Please Rate 5 stars and it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.