Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

2007 Ford expedition AC clutch would not engage, Yes,

Customer Question

2007 Ford expedition AC clutch would not engage
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

The most common cause of an AC compressor not engaging is a low refrigerant charge. You need a shop to evac and recharge the system adding some uv dye. The machine will also put a vacuum on the system and if there is a major leak it will be detected. You should also check the ac compressor fuse and relay. Check for voltage at the ac compressor with the ac switch turned on. If you have voltage you need to replace the compressor clutch.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can.

Please Rate 5 stars and it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.