Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The AC is not blowing cool on a 2006 Ford Fusion. It is

Customer Question
holding a refrigerant charge. But...
The AC is not blowing cool on a 2006 Ford Fusion. It is holding a refrigerant charge. But the compressor will not cycle on. There are no stored codes. I have tried jumping the connections under the relay pins 3 & 5 and verified that he compressor will come on. However, when it runs, the car appears to be under a great load. It will almost shut off. When the compressor is turning though, the air does blow cold. I have tried swapping same relays and no change.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

whats high and low side pressue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi sorry for delay Ive been out of town. With the relay jumped (compressor spinning), it runs about 35-40 low around 250- 275 high.With it not jumped (compressor not spinning) it will climb to around 110 on low side and 120 high.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also I am getting a code now. P0537 evap temp circuit low voltage

high side is way to high either its overcharged or the compressor is failed internally

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im thinking the conpressor is failing. Becauae it works one minute and then stops. If you switch to max ac it will nearly bog down the car at idle. If you cruise down the road it blows. Get to a traffic light it boggs down and cuts out. If I leave the battery unhooked come back in 30 mins blows fine for a while
I replaced ac comoressor, still not cutting on by itself