Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

When I turn the ignition off the radio continues to play and

Customer Question

When I turn the ignition off the radio continues to play and I have to turn it off manually. Something is running my battery down. I replaced the battery a few weeks ago and I got into the truck Thursday and the battery was dead.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

your going to want to perform a draw test on the vehicle, are you aware on how to do this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

ok let me know what fuse it is and we an break it down from there

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fuse # 19-20a 0 draw
Fuse# ***** 0 draw
Fuse#17-30a 0 draw
Fuse #16-40a 0 draw
Fuse #14-20a 0 draw
Fuse #28-30a .013 draw
Fuse#25-30a 0 draw
Fuse #24-30a .002draw
Fuse #23-40a 0 draw
Fuse#22-50a .313 draw
Fuse #21-50a 0 draw
Fuse#20-50- 0 drAw
Fuse#9-15a 0 draw
Fuse#7-15 a 0 draw
Fuse#5-20a 0 draw

what engine is in that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
302 4x4 automatic

1997? 302? 5.0? is that right?

whats the vin number for that

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1FTDX18W3VNB42154
I'm trying to send a picture of the other fuse reading. but I can't get to download. It bumps me off.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you send me an email address where I can send you the pictures of all the reading

I can only conduct all business though this service, and it will take a while for me to trace down all this stuff ill be back with a few thing to check either later this evening or tomorrow