EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Second opinion] ww wipers on my 2011 ford Edge will not shut

Customer Question

Second opinion] ww wipers on my 2011 ford Edge will not shut off. I changed the relay but did not work. Any ideas?JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?Customer: 120K and it stating OKJA: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: Yes and I said I changed the ww relayJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no except it just does just one swipe every 30 =45 sec.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Hi you likely need a wiper switch. It is common on the Edge. The switch stays in the intermittant position even when the switch is off. There is a service bulletin related to this with an updated part number.

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric