Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The daytime running lights have stopped working on my 2012

Customer Question

the daytime running lights have stopped working on my 2012 F-150 XLT
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: headlamp running lights
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing - just looked for clues in the manual. didn't find much to help
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So with the complexity of that system you will need a pretty advanced scanner to perform any diagnostics aside from checking fuses. Have you checked the fuses on that yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not yet.

The best way I tell people is to just check all of them with a multimeter or test light, there is about 8 or so different fuses that the daytime lights are connected to that could be the cause

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shawn, we just moved and I have no idea what box my meter is in. I'll probably find it in a month or so when I'm not looking for it if history is any guide. If you just let me know which fuses I should check, I can pick one up and take care of it. It sounds like if it is beyond the fuses I'll need to take it in.

sure thing ill be right back with that info

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shawn- Any update on which fuses I should check? Thanks

13, 14 ,15, 47, 40, 30, 31 ,24 ,23, 39 in the right kick panel pass side,