Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Have a fuse problem- ford explorer 2004, yes, first the

Customer Question

have a fuse problem- ford explorer 2004
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: first the instrument lights were not working-and power windwos- now the lights are working- windows don't and the ingnition is slow- is it the battery?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

It does sound like a low voltage concern, if you have a meter you can check the battery voltage, it should be near 12.6 volts DC. If no meter then you can try charging it or have it tested at an auto parts store. Once you have the battery charged/replaced retest and let me know if any of these symptoms are still present and we can go from there.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.