Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Two questions, 1. A mechanic just charged the air

Customer Question

Two questions, 1. A mechanic just charged the air conditioning system and my 2004 F350, super duty Larriet is still running warm and 2. the vehicle, when set on cruise control at 60m.p.h. drops out and has to be reset.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: It is the 6.0 lt V8.
JA: What is the model of your '04 Ford?
Customer: The model is the F350 Super duty Lariat. and no, I have not checked the fuse but I will.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has just come back from the Supplier this after-noon, we purchased it last Saturday, he sends it to a local mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, not that I can think of.
Category: Ford
Expert:  davehop replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA......first off....unless a repair was made that would require the Freon to be put back into your A/C system, I would suspect that you have a leak in the system, otherwise there would not have been a need to add Freon to the system. Secondly, the cruise control system on your vehicle uses the stop lamp switch and a brake pressure switch to allow cruise control operation.....if one of these switches is not functioning properly the system will turn itself off during usage.....was there a repair made to the A/C system that you know of, and is the cruise control not operating ever since they charged the A/C system or was it not working before that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not that I know of further than topping up the Freon, the truck is going back in on Monday to hopefully be corrected.
2. The cruise was working O.K and was not jumping out off the mode but, since it went in today, it really does not work.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do not wish to have a monthly conscription as I do not work on engines or related as I know very little about them, the dealer where I purchased the vehicle is making the repairs under warranty, fortunately.
Expert:  davehop replied 2 months ago.
Ok...the system is most likely asking you if you want to become a member, that's not a message from me, so just ignore it if you do not wish to become a member......ok, since you are not going to be attempting to repair it yourself, was there any other questions you have?