Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

My rear sliding window wont close, 2011 f250 powerstroke, i

Customer Question

my rear sliding window wont close
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2011 f250 powerstroke
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have checked the number 48 fuse on the interior fuse box
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: yes i have
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is Jay

have you checked fuse 48 to see if it is getting power when engine is running? Do you hear any noise from window mechanism when switch is operated?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is. If I pull the fuse out and click the switch you can't hear it clicking the. When I plug it back in the switch will click but the window won't close. I usually don't open it but accidentally hit it and opened it a few inches. It still works in the opening direction just not the closing direction

The motor is only two wires and the switch will control the power and ground and then switch them to move window in opposite direction. If it moves on direction but not the other then it is a defective switch. Replace the switch and you should fix the problem.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"