Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Just went through 7 gallons of diesel while idling and

Customer Question

just went through 7 gallons of diesel while idling and driving for about 20 minutes. Check engine light had just come on. Codes P0671. U0101 and P1000. I have a Livewire turner on the truck for 8months. I disabled (removed) the DPF at the same time. Don't know if its related. Have not had any issues since it was done. I also noticed while driving if i push the pedal a little it puffs black smoke for a second. 2009 Ford F250 with livewire tuner.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It stays on. I cleared the codes and cranked it for a few minutes. Check engine light has not come back on yet.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2009 Ford F250 Superduty with DPF delete and Livewire Tuner.
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Problem just started a few minutes ago. The way it burned fuel I thought an injector my be stuck.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Does it start fine sound fine?

No smoke from the exhaust accept when trying to increase throttle?

How did you come up with the 7 gallon number?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Starts and sounds fine no power loss
Black smoke only when in the throttle
Drove about 10 miles went from 1/4 tank to near mt. Put 5 gal. In drove about 5miles warning "35 miles to mt."
Codes P0671. U0101 and P1000
Trans shifts normal.

P1000 no repair, means codes were recently cleared and drive cycles have not been completed.

U0101 module to module communication code. I would need to know which module stored this code. Often caused by programmers.

0671 glow plug cylinder 1 faulty.

None of these would account for fuel usage issues. It takes 6 gallons or more added for the fuel gauge to accurately readjust correct. SO far I feel like this may be more so related to the fuel level sensor inside the fuel tank. I recommend fillup and retest. If you are truly using 7 gallons in 20 minutes then you would be out of fuel before 1.5 hours.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What should I do about these codes.

1000, fix all other concerns then drive for 2 weeks and it will go away.

0101 i need to know what module stored that code.

0671 replace glow plug cylinder 1