Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I cannot put the ignition switch in the on position with the

Customer Question

I cannot put the ignition switch in the on position with the key it's stuck
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: I haven't had any recent problems with this key at all I come home from work last night shut the truck off I come out this morning can't turn the key really weird
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 94 Ranger extended cab 4 L two wheel drive
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did this a few years ago and I remember I had to have the switch in the on position and I can't get it there to release the PIN to pull the ignition cylinder out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so thank you for your time
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Are you able to remove and install the key and able to turn the key back to accessory and to the first position, just not to the run position?