Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Sunroof won't close, 2004 ford taruas, the motor works, but

Customer Question

sunroof won't close
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2004 ford taruas
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the motor works, but will only close a few inches
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 93000 automatic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Check for any debris in the sun roof track or any broken components.If there is any debris this can cause this fault here and the debris will need cleaned out and the track lubricated to resolve this fault.This is the most common cause for this fault here.If the track has any broken components then the entire sun roof track needs replaced which requires removal of the interior headliner to access and replace it.

If there is no debris and lubricating the track does not resolve this issue then the sun roof motor is most likely weak needing replaced.I have seen the sun roof motor fail in the past before causing this exact issue here with it needing replaced.

If you need info on how this is done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?