Mastertechuk
Mastertechuk, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Master tech
84635724

The wrench light on my 2012 Ford fiesta came on and said

Customer Question

the wrench light on my 2012 Ford fiesta came on and said engine malfunction. I took it to o'reileys auto and they ran a code check and nothing cam up. The light is off now.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: it was a code reader and when they used it it showed no codes. They did it 2 times and both times nothing.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it has 47,000 miles on it and I have an extended warranty. I will take to the dealer as son as get back in town.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mastertechuk replied 2 months ago.

Hi im kevin it may be that they are using an eobd scanner which altough it will scan car for faults ,it wont necessarily see all the faults that are present .it may need to ho on a manufacuter specific machine to be able to access all the fault information

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all