Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Wont start after dealer reflash computer. Brand new

Customer Question
wont start after dealer reflash...
wont start after dealer reflash computer
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: brand new batterys
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 08 f350 6.4 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what are the two sensors on the intake
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
7/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did it start at the dealer at all after the reflash?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

no sir

Did the dealer check into the issue at all to see if they could locate the issue?

no I don't think so im at work now and wont get to dealer until 4pm
can I contact you after I see them
hello

O.k.,what can happen unfortunately and causes this issue is if the re flash is corrupted when it is done or if it failed to flash completely this can damage the computer.This will cause the no start issue.In some cases they can reflash the computer to correct this and in other cases it has to be replaced.But this should be covered by them at no cost to you since this happened while it was in there.I have seen this occur and had to replace the computer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

How will I be able to tell if the dealer didn't finish the flash or if they messed up the computer

They would have to check the calibrations with their computer plugged into your vehicle to see if the flash calibrations went through or if the computer is damaged.In allot of cases when the battery voltage goes low during a re flash this can damage the computer but they should have put a battery charger/maintainer on the battery to prevent this from occuring as this always has to be done during programming.But the only way to tell is to have the calibrations checked by them or another dealer to see if it was damaged needing replaced or reflashed.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Auto Service Technician