Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2006 Ford Escape is not blowing out cold air. My A/C has

Customer Question

My 2006 Ford Escape is not blowing out cold air. My A/C has been recharged and the freon(?) is fine but when I turn the A/C on it will blow out cold air for a second but than turn directly to hot air
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just tried the freon to see if it was that issue. Also my air filter has been changed two weeks ago because I was told that was the issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

When it stops blowing cold, do you know if the compressor is turning off or not?