Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I just purchased a Ford F-250 and want to line up the

Customer Question

I just purchased a Ford F-250 and want to line up the trailer hitch/ball to the correct level. I have a 2017 Mini Winnie. How many inches up should I set the trucks hitch?
JA: What year is your F250?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't done anything yet. I just know that I need to have the two level and think that I will need to buy a drop to acomodate that and want the into so that I order the right drop. The top of the ball on my truck is 27.5 inches.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

If you back up to the trailer now with everything level how much difference is there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a level area to do this. I was hoping that with the trailer info there would be a standard height to set the ball

There is really no standard procedure for this method, It is dependent on towing vehicle and that brings up 100's of different possibilities, I would hook it up with what you have now and measure the drop of both and then you can calculate what drop you will need so everything is level,

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!