Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My friends 95 taurus will start and when she puts it in

Customer Question
drive it dies. JA: Will the...
my friends 95 taurus will start and when she puts it in drive it dies.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yeah
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and it backfired under the hood
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
7/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Is there a check engine light on?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician