john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field
6149662

Does a 2010 lincoln mkx have a fuel pump strainer? If so, is

Customer Question

does a 2010 lincoln mkx have a fuel pump strainer? If so, is it located externally or internally of the pump?
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: original. I am currently getting my gas tank replaced (recall) and was informed that the fuel filter is located in the pump - hence, impractical to replace. In researching heard about a fuel pump strainer. Is it the same as a fuel filter?
JA: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. at the dealer. But figured that while they have the tank down to replace any accessible fuel filters. Was told the fuel filter is in the pump, so its impractical to replace but heard about a fuel pump strainer and am wondering is that the same a fuel filter?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 2 months ago.

strainer is a filter sock they generally never fail unless a contaminate enters your fuel system..and yes the tank and pump need to be removed for replacement..if there is no runnability issues its not a required maintenace service

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You