Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

The windshield wipers activate by themselves. while driving.

Customer Question

The windshield wipers activate by themselves. while driving. 1999 Ford Taurus V6. Rotating the wiper switch stops them temporarily .Whrer to look for problem. My mechanic cannot figure this one out.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: There must be power function mwiper
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: wiper work normally when in use required.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Are you getting any codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't text

Thats what were doing now

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you email me

I have to provide all work through this service. Is there a problem with the way were communicating now ?