Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

There are times it will not start mostly after a trip shut

Customer Question

There are times it will not start mostly after a trip shut it off come back out will not start dash lights are on no clicking noise from starter. I leve for a bit come back it starts right up.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 escape limited v-6
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaning battery connections
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 2 months ago.

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. if your battery terminals are clean and tight, there can be a number of things that can cause this problem the most common one is the PCM not allowing crank do to a shorted sensor , or a safety neutral switch shorted internally , but to be sure of what direction to take you will need to have the computer scanned for codes can you do this ? and come back with the codes it will make finding the problem much easier.