Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Rough idle and vibration when a/c compressor kicks in 2010

Customer Question

rough idle and vibration when a/c compressor kicks in 2010 ford edge ltd
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: consistent
JA: Are you fixing your LTD yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took to shop and they said normal. has 165K miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: think that it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this is a new feel compared to how it used to feel with the ac on this can be due to worn out engine or transmission mounts as this is the most common cause for this type of feel.If the mounts were not checked for being worn or broken this needs done.If this was already done I would have the exhaust and exhaust shields checked for any damaged or any bent components needing repaired or replaced as this can also cause this fault here.

Other then this the only other component I know of to cause this fault is the ac compressor.If it is starting to fail internally it can cause a load on the engine which can cause the vibration and causes this fault.

Since the mechanic or dealer said it was normal I would have another facility look into it to see if they locate the fault needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete