Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Have replaced three master slaves. Repeatedly bled these and

Customer Question

Have replaced three master slaves. Repeatedly bled these and they still suck air. It will last about three to four days working perfectly and then back to the air.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 200K on the truck. Replaced the flywheel, plate, pressure plate and complete slave system. Replaced slave system three times now.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2008 F150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have a qualified mech. working on it. He seems stumped. Puts on new slave system--works for a few days and has to be bled. Works for a few days and has to be bled. We buy new and same problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Try telling him to run a hose from the slave to the master and bleed it that way. if that dosent do it there is a connection somewhere thats not tight, its just plain and simple as that, what kind of master and slaves were you buying?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
oem

I would try the hose trick and see how that goes, some of those trap air and this will eliminate that

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not want phone calls
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a special connect at the slave. How would you connect a "hose" to this?

to the bleeder screw

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
run a hose from the master to the bleeder screw??

yes

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That makes absolutely no sense. How could possibly put a hose from the master on a bleeder??

you go to home depot and buy some hose, I have some hose I use just for these problems, you seem a little angry, would you like a refund?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well, it makes no sense. If you take a hose and run it from the master to a bleeder what are you accomplishing? The fluid from the master slave can't go anywhere!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like a refund.

I dont think your understanding what im trying to relay, after you install the new parts on the vehicle, take a hose and put it on the salve bleeder screw and run it to the master, submerse it in the reservoir pump the clutch until no more air is present and before removing the hose close the bleeder screw.