Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Heater switch does not work and engine won't start, Yes and

Customer Question

Heater switch does not work and engine won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes and they are clean
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Explorer sportrac 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I installed new switch and it does not work and the engine does not crank
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 3 months ago.

Hello, what do you mean by a heater switch? a blower fan switch? The engine cranks but wont start? Does the red theft lamp flash fast when the key is turned to on? All the other warning lights work normally?