kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a ford f150 2005 model. It ha sat for about 15

Customer Question

I have a ford f150 2005 model. It ha sat for about 15 months. I want to drain the gas tank and put fresh das in
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: The truck has not run in 16 months
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried to start the engine yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I was afraid the gas would gum it up.

With the truck sitting that long, most likely the fuel pump will need to be replaced as well. This will require you to pull the fuel tank out of the truck. What you can do is disconnect the fuel filter on the engine side and connect a hose to the filter and run it to a tank, then jump the fuel pump relay so the fuel pump pumps the fuel out. then replace the fuel filter. If the pump works well enough to drain the fuel tank, then it may not need to be replaced.