Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2000 f150 fuel guage needle fluctuates from 3/4 to empty

Customer Question

2000 f150 fuel guage needle fluctuates from 3/4 to empty sticking at these sits. is it the fuel sending unit or something else I should be looking at?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No changes I've noticed.
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm doing the work and have not tried anything yet. Just don't want to drop the fuel tank if I don't have to, no one to help me.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The service light came on shortly after the fuel guage started showing this behavior.
Category: Ford
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Are yo getting any codes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The only light on my dash is the service soon. I have not plugged in a computer yet as I do not have one of my own.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not able to work on my truck at this time so I'm not sure if a call would help me as much as it should. Am I able to call you at another time like tomorrow?

Yeah ill be on tomorrow, run it up to the local parts store and they should do a scan for free and let me know what they say

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No answer to my request means you are not interested in helping me. I hope I didn't trouble you, thank you for your time.

you didnt get my response?