kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I am using my ford escape 2015 to jump start another

Customer Question

i am using my ford escape 2015 to jump start another vehicle. I can only access the + terminal of the battery. The - post is unaccessible. Is it necessary to remove the battery to use itl
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no.
Category: Ford
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 months ago.

You can connect the black lead of the jumper cables to any good clean metal surface, it does not have to be connected to the batteries negative post directly.