Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 Taurus. The blower motor is heard running strong, but…

2004 Taurus. The blower motor...
2004 Taurus. The blower motor is heard running strong, but no air is coming out of the vents.
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/22/2017
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, remove the blower motor by unplugging it and removing the 3 bolts that hold it in plae. Inspect the squirrel cage fan blade on the motor for debris or being broken. If this looks ok, inspect the ac box where the motor goes in for a broken air mode door which may be blocking the air flow off the motor. If a door is broken it will need to be repaired by removing the dash and the ac/heater case and disassemble the box to replace the door.

Okay, thanks. I didn't know the way in there.

Under the right side of the dash below the glove box is where you want to get to the blower motor. If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating and I will get credit for helping you

HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans