Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Changed relay, connecter behind switch and switch, still no

Customer Question

changed flasher relay, connecter behind switch and switch, still no turn, brake or hazard lights
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: are you telling me brake fluid level would effect the lights?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 f-150 XLT
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses, changed flasher relay, fixed connector behind swithc and replaced switch handle combo. I have tail lights, dimmer switch works on head lights, brake light on cargo light works but still no turn, brake or hazard
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think thats it
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. check the grounds behind each sides kick panels. make sure they arent loose or corroded.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Checked ground, both sides. Still nothing

ok, allow me a few minutes to look at a wiring diagram

ok, i believe the problem is going to lie within the circled part. I will try to find the exact locations of the splices.

I cant find the splice locations, but I believe the problem will be there. Im going to open this up to the other techs to see if they have the exact locations. good luck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you people need to refund my 26.00 to my account for a phone call which you charged me for but never called
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Would you like me to help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I am done until I get a refund for a charged phone call I didn't get

You can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page to address that.