Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

No power to the climat control head. No led or anything.

Customer Question
Havent found any parasitic draw...
No power to the climat control head. No led or anything. Havent found any parasitic draw. I have found a leak from the sun roof going down to the gem and cjb area. It started with the ignition fuse blowing and progressed. Fuse hasnt blown since but still no ac. I have half the dash out already trying to follow wires and have accomplished nothing. I was trying to find out if im getting power into or out of the gem/cjb to tell if thats whats bad. Any other ideas? Or if thats the go to move tell me how to accomplish that.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
7/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Can I get the year, make, model?

2001 expedition 5.4L 4x4 eddie bauer
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago

For that water leak the CJB and GEM will likely need replacing and the windshield removed and sealed. I assume you need the wire diagrams to check the fuses and wiring. If that is all then they are below, if not then reply.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h95eqgams0e2yq2/01EATC.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

How do i know if the gem or cjb is bad?

You would remove them and take them apart and check for rust or arcing inside. Also if there are pins powered by fuses and the corresponding wires they power, have no power then the CJB is bad.

Trying to send a picture but it wont. I think the cjb is a bit corroded where the wire bundle bolts in on the left hand side. Bottom left corner ( if youre looking at the back of it with the bundles at the bottom)

If it just corrosion on the outside you may be able to clean that up.

That's the only corrosion i see. The bored in the gem looks ok. So its going to be a wire.

I would address the windshield to prevent more damage. If the fuses are good but no power to the control head then it is in the wiring.

it's the sunroof thats leaking. So check the wires before or after the gem?

In that case you need to address the sunroof leak to prevent more electrical damage.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

I still don't know how to tell where I'm not getting power or why my a.c. unit has no power.

You have to confirm no power to the climate control head with the key on. If there is none then check its wiring right out of the fuse box. If the fuses are fine and the wires have no power then you replace the fuse box.

Ok three wires have power at the head with lights and key on. Only one with lights off. The ignition fuse popped again and removing the number 7 fuse stopped it. And the aux a.c. didn't work before.

After looking over this dialog once again and your past 3 questions asked. I think I have offered all I can on this question. I will opt out so another can help.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician