Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

03 f150. Had bad starter. Replaced starter battery cable

assembly and starter relay because...
03 f150. Had bad starter. Replaced starter battery cable assembly and starter relay because of corrosion. Now dead as a football. No juice at dash at all
7/19/2017
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Can I start by getting your engine size and or VIN?

Thank you!

It's the 4.6. Still at the shop. No vin availabke

Thank you for that information.

What is the battery voltage at?

Over 14

Excellent!

And what about the voltage on all the main fuses under the hood?

None.
No voltage at the under good fuse box

And what about at the starter relay?

Good on one side. None on the other. Swapped with known good relay. No change

So there is power (FULL BATTERY VOLTAGE) at the starter relay?

Ok, then if this is the case, there are three possible causes.

• Bad connection at the starter relay
  • Faulty wire from the starter relay to the battery junction box
  • Faulty junction box
Ok. I'll check in the am

However, if there is no power to the starter relay, then you could have a bad connection at the battery or blown fusible links between the battery and starter relay.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN