Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Turn key, starter turns engine does not start. key/starter…

Turn key, starter turns...

Turn key, starter turns engine does not start. key/starter seem to stay engaged as well few a few seconds with hands off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Can turn wheel, key looks good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2014 f150 xlt 5.0L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing do not know where to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That all I've got

7/19/2017
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, my name is Jay

Look in engine compartment fuse box and look at fuse F27 to see if it is blown and there is heat damage to the socket. It may look a little brown where it got hot? If it is there is a relocation kit that needs installed. Check this and let me know what you see?

Here is technical bulletin for fuse relocation if you find it blown and socket got hot and looks burnt.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!ArGz65GfcqjYoghHI3nWbruqL5Ja

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Jaybird61