Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am looking for the procedure to replace the blower fan…

I am looking for...

I am looking for the procedure to replace the blower fan motor in my 1986 ford e150

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

245k miles auto matic 3 speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. ot much as I cant locate the motor It appears it may be behind the passenger dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Posted all I know

7/18/2017
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

The blower motor on this van is fairly easy to replace. Does your van have AC? This van had the option of no AC in 1986.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
AC

Ok. Here is the repair procedure. With AC is on page 2.

It is located on the passenger side of the engine compartment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the interior engine have to be removed for access? I don't see anything matching your diagram with the exterior hood open

Let me see if I can get a better picture. The older they get the worse the diagrams are.

I can't find a picture of the engine compartment on this van anywhere. Could you take a picture of the passenger side of the engine compartment on your van and I'll indicate where the blower is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
send to what address / number?

You can attach it here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can not do.. can I text it

It looks like the diagrams we are looking for aren't available to me. I'll opt out of the question and see if another expert has a better listing for the blower on this van.

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

do you still need help???

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think its behind the dash passenger side and access by removing center dash assembly.. Thanks for responding
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope.. Not at all like your diagram. I have photo but need to text not email

that is for an 86 E150.

check the drivers door for the production date to be sure of the year.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Issue there........that door was replaced after an accident

ok, vin number????

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1FTDE14NXGHA87223

with or without ac??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
with AC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Many Thanks for your patience & help!

no problem

please take a moment and rate my service. please hit 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. it is the only way we get paid for our efforts.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will do

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
FYI: I located the fan/motor assembly. I apologize as I should looked a bit further myself.. Its located behind the computer module, passenger side, below dash

its ok, no worries, glad you got it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I should confirm on the interior side. Remove the computer and presto *****!

your welcome