Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My air flow stopped on all my vents, i change the selector…

My air flow stopped...

My air flow stopped on all my vents, i change the selector switch and it changes through defrost, heater, ac ...etc. the fan speed also changes when turning fan switch high to low. just no air flow through any vents

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

Yes ac and everything works except no air coming through any vents

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing other than verify the selector switch is working and the fan does change from high to low and back

7/15/2017
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the squirrel cage has come off the blower motor, or the evapotrator is plugged with debris, hve you pulled the blower motor and inspected it yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not yet, do i pull that from the engine compartment

what is the year, make and model of this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2007 ford ranger xlt ext cab 2wd 3.0 liter

you remove the blower motor fom under the hood on the passenger side, to remove it, first remove the speed control actutor from the blower motor, and set it asside, then remove the bolts for the blower motor,insect that the fan is atached to the motor, if it is, then look into the hole for the blower motor and inspect the coils on the evaporator, and see if they are plugged, if so, then blow it out with compressed air,Tim

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks ill give that a try

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH