HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2011 does mustang and my climate control doesn't

I have a 2011 does mustang and my climate control doesn't have any power
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I have check all fuses and they are fine I have also unhooked the battery to reset everything
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, the blower motor doesnt work or nothing on the climate control panel lights up when the lights are on? Has anything been done recently to the car and now it doesnt work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nothing on the climate control lights up or anything doesn't turn on at all nothing has been to it my wife took it to the Ford dealership and had all the fuses check out they all checked out fine

Ok and the ford dealer couldnt find anything wrong ? That doesnt make any sense, or did they recommend something and you tried it and it still doesnt work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He said he didn't have time to put it on diagnostics now this is just what my wife is telling me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried to reset it by unhooking the battery but that didn't work I was wondering if there is a way to reset the system or if that would evenwork

Ok. what engine is in the mustang?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a v6

Ok last question, is it an electronic/automatic climate control panel or manual system using knobs?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Electronic

Attached is the electronic climate control system schematic, it shows a few different fuses that power up the system. As long as all of these fuses are good and power is making it to the climate control panel as shown in the schematic. then the system should operate. Otherwise the climate control module has possibly failed. This module is a programmable one, meaning if it has failed, it will have to be reprogrammed when replaced by a dealer. ALl you can do is check for power and ground to the module. Otherwise the dealer will need to put their scan tool equipment on it to perform a network test to see if the module is online and if it has an internal failure. I havent seen one fail personally but anything is possible.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thank you I will check it all out
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it could just be a relay?

Fuse more than likely but if one blew the question would be why it blew which is why i asked if any work was done. This includes anything in the dash like an aftermarket stereo system or accessory

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have one more question can you tell me all the numbers of the fuses under the hood and inside the car

Yes I attached them in a pdf file you can blow up to see better if needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thank you have a good night

Very good. If you need more help or information for this concern, please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.

Thank you!