Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

Already sent had to get temp password, 1998 taurus s e, no

Customer Question

already sent had to get temp password
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1998 taurus s e
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no had trans rebuilt converter will not lock up over 45mph worked when dropped off. purchased car new garage kept
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: trans shop tried another remaned trans, 4 converters, 3 lock up solenoids, car has been gone almost 4 months
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is Jay

This problem can be caused by several possible problems. Here is a Ford technical bulletin on this problem to give to mechanic to perform and do all the checks to see what the cause is. since there is a bulletin then this is a common problem and all of these different causes can cause no engagement of torque converter.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!ArGz65GfcqjYoWyAwQjX_TdVgdu-

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Did you have any other questions for me?