Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2008 f 25 6.4 diesel just stated blowing black smoke

Customer Question

my 2008 f 25 6.4 diesel just stated blowing black smoke under normal acceleration I have sinister egr bypass and removed the DPF and installed a tuner last and have had no problems have always seen black smoke when stepping on it but not under normal driving
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: Have not changed the fuel filters have owned the truck for 18 months thought about the filters air filter is clean
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: 2008 f-250 Harley anniversary addition with a 6.4
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just checked the air cleaner figured I would take it to have the fuel filters changed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that will be good
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do you own a scan tool that can show the readings from sensors?