Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

WRENCH LIGHT CAME ON F150 2009, YELLOW WRENCH LIGHT, TUESDAY

Customer Question
WRENCH LIGHT CAME ON F150...
WRENCH LIGHT CAME ON F150 2009
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: YELLOW WRENCH LIGHT
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: TUESDAY MORNING 1ST GEAR JERKING YELLOW WRENCH CAME ON TODAY ON THE WAY HOME FORM WORK
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS COME ON AND OFF MOSTLY OFF FOR FEW WEEKS
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON COUPLE OF TIMES AND WENT BACK OFF LAST FEW WEEKS
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 5 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

have you scanned for codes?

Cancel this request. I'm not getting any answers.
Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** fault codes are logged?

Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

The engine light coming on means there are fault codes logged in the PCM or engine computer. A scan tool can be plugged in for no charge at your local Autozone to read the codes

Ford Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 5 months ago

Once you have the codes it will tell us what circuit the problem is in to know where to check for the problem

Ron, ASE Certified Technician