Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2005 ford f150 with 4.6 ltr engine. Engine won't turn over.

2005 ford f150 with 4.6...
2005 ford f150 with 4.6 ltr engine. Engine won't turn over. blew the # 6 coil pack and then drove for a few miles and engine died. Have checked with scanner and engine rpms are showing. Double checked to make sure fuel was going to engine {disconnected fuel filter and turned key fuel came out , reconnected the fuel filter and fuel was going through the filter also } There is power to the coil packs and all fuses have been checked. Checked for codes and P0193 was only one showing. Replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor after checking for fuel flow.
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/13/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Let me know what to check next i'm confused

Hey how are you

Just so we are clear ,Engine does not crank over it does not spin over ,you turn switch and nothing but power is on dash correct ?

or you meant It will crank over but want start like no fuel or spark or both ?

when you say blew #6 coil pack, like it blew off the spark plug from engine cylinder compartment pressure or it blew ,where the coil is not firing the plug , like defective coil or bad wiring to it ?

click on link to view pdf file to view dtc P0193 most possible causes and the test yoiu need to run to start with ,

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Will crank over and live data on scanner shows engine RPM's. The coil pack popped and it split the boot. Replaced the coil pack and spark plug. The coil pack blew at my mothers house and there was smoke under the hood. The engine did start and I was able to drive to the parts store to get new coil pack and plug. Engine started at parts store and went yo drive home and started losing power after about 3 miles or so and then the engine died. The battery was about 4 years old and I went ahead and replaced it also.

ok , is there any security light flashing on dash when you try to start it now ?

did you scan at the parts store for fault codes,now days they scan for free ?

did it show P0306

we need fuel and spark to start so what are we missing

spray starting fluid in intake or TB body and start it will it start and die ,to check for fuel

Spark , with a test light ,on coil plug connector we need power and ground ,what are we missing ?

click on link to voioew wiring circuit pdf file ,l;et me know if you can view it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Security light flashes until the key is turned then goes off. does not flash when trying to turn engine over { red light on top of dash } Purchased scanner and only the P0193 came up. Tried the spray in the throttle body and no change. Checked and there is power to the coils on the red wire with the green stripe. Where is the ground that needs to be checked and how do I check it
Also checked the red and green wire at end where it goes to the capacitor and there was power there also on both sides

G206

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW

if you hook up the test light alligator clip on POSITIVE SIDE OF BATTERY ANYTHING YOU TOUCH AND TEST LIGHT LIGHTS UP ,YOU HAVE FOUND GROUND

NOW PROBE G206 IT SHOULD LIGHT UP IF GOOD

NOW MAKE SURE YOU DO NIT TOUCH A POWERED CIRCUIT .BE CAREFULL WHERE YOU TOUCH THE TEST LIGHT ,ONLY G206 GROUND POINT CHECK FOR LOOSE OR CORROSION ,

THIS OUR GROUND COIL POINT BASED ON WIRING DIAGRAM

IF THAT DO NOT FIX IT THE PCM COULD HAVE WENT BAD

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I see G206 on the diagram. Is it in the cab behind the fuse box or in the engine compartment
also is there a way to check the pcm to see if it's bad
Found G206 checked it and the ground is good. Anything else that it could be besides the PCM
Based on the checking we did the pcm will be the problem here .
You can send them out and rebuild them nowadays this way it will be preprogrammed and no dealer scaner necessary
Search online for pcm rebuilds company , eBay List themGood luck with it ,read below how to get back in touch for any follow up questionYou are welcome
Please Use The Stars on Top of Your screen To Rate me so I can be compensated for my time and resources .
If more help is needed just reply back and we can continue
You can copy the link page and pasted in your browser and will open up the conversation between us for any follow up questions you may have in this issue.
I'm online Daily from 7 AM till late Eastern Time Zone .Thank You ***** Certified Technician
Chad Farhat

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat