Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Replaced broken driver seat in 2004 fusion with set from

Customer Question

Replaced broken driver seat in 2004 fusion with set from 2005 fusion. Now chime/light activates while driving. None of the beltminder disable methods work. Help!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Just to make sure, even buckling the seat will not turn off the seat belt minder?

Try to figure out if you are trying to make it work right or make is so you do not have to wear your seat belt?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Correct, both seatbelt and airbag lamp and shortly after takeoff chime sounds and chimes periodically while driving. Trying to restore proper function but seatbelt use is habitual in family drivers. Simply getting all alarms/ lamps off so grandson can take license exam will do the trick. Jumping 2 pairs under seat does not work. Resetting beltminder does not work. No problems prior to son replacing seat.

Can you double check the years and models. Ford did not make a Fusion till 2006. The seat you used, was it from a collision car and was that same seat belt used?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
DOH! My bad. Not fusion. Focus. Best of our knowledge, the seat did not come from a wreak.

At the seat belt buckle, key on is the yellow wire showing 5 volts and the brown wire ground?

Monitor the voltage on the yellow wire with the buckle connected and not connected. It should show voltage then no voltage. See if you get this result. If not then there is a buckle switch failure. It works identical for both years.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris