Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

I have a 2013 Ford Convertible and I am hearing sloshing

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Ford Convertible and I am hearing sloshing water coming from the rear passenger side wheel area when I apply the brakes.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 43,000 Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to locate the possibility of a drain plug but don't know where to look on the underside of car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. Thanks.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jay

You need to look under the car behind door jam and there will be a drain as part of the body on one of the pinch welds. Use a coat hanger or compressed air to blow out the debris that is blocking hole. If you open trunk and pull back carpet on that side to look in back side behind wheel well to see if water is collecting there also as there is a drain in there also.

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 13 days ago.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Was able to loosen debris and drain water, a lot of water. This is a FORD DESIGN FLAW and SHOULD NOT HAPPEN but I appreciate the response from Jaybird61 because nobody at the Ford Dealer would help me, if you can believe that.
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 7 days ago.

I am glad i could help. If you could accept and rate me that would be great. This way I get credit for helping you out. Thanks again.