Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ruined My power steering assist after driving my 2013 Ford C

Customer Question

Ruined My power steering assist after driving my 2013 Ford C Max trough high water
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: Its an EPS and I do not now if it has a reservoir to check
JA: What is the model of your '13 Ford?
Customer: C max hybrid
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a so so mechanic and I will work on to replace the power steering gear box with a used one. I never done it in an PSAssist system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: E bay sells used PSA assbly. but may be a problem with reprogramming the computer.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

There should be no programming needed to replace this steering gear. Below are Ford links for the replacement steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xibje6n4b9d5sp/steeringgear.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp4cqh13eli9upo/subframe.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris