Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Temperature control fa runs all the time........ My 2000

Customer Question

temperature control fa runs all the time........
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: My 2000 mountaineer temp control runs all the time, in the EATC....
JA: Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I have replaced the O-rings in the EATC, with the same symptom of the fan running constantly, and not able to adjust its speed..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I understand there may be a resistor that may cause this, but donot know where it is located....
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Are you referring to the HVAC blower?

Is the concern you can not control the blower speed to the lower settings, it only works on high?