Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Not much, trying to take my mirror button loose from mirror…

Not much, trying to...

Not much, trying to take my mirror button loose from mirror to reglue to window

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Just how to get the button out of the mount thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That's all

7/8/2017
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

What is the year and model of the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
01 Ford 150xl

Sorry I am unable to speak on the phone, I will opt out

davehop
davehop, Ford Technician

Hello and welcome to JA...there is a spring under the button that needs to be depressed in order for the button to come out...you will need a small flathead screwdriver...the pocket type, to insert under the button...feel around, you will fell the spring..it is a flat spring...while prying it down push the button out the open end of the part of the mirror that it sits in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Didn't find a spring of any sort, but I did get it out so thank you.

its not a spring that will come out, just a part of the mirror assembly that needs to be pressed to allow the button to come out.

Please accept/rate my answer if my answer was satisfactory.

davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
SuperDave
SuperDave, auto technician
Phone call session started